SchoolSpeak is our main channel of online communication between teachers, administrators, parents, and students. You can access SchoolSpeak from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Click the above link to log in to SchoolSpeak with your unique User ID and Password. Can’t remember your ID or password? Having other technical issues? Call or email us (contact info is shown at the top of this page)!
The official 2015-16 School Handbook outlines the policies, rules, and procedures that guide St. Vincent de Paul School. Click the link to download this year’s School Handbook (PDF).
School Supply Lists
- Kindergarten Supply List
- 1st Grade Supply List
- 2nd Grade Supply List
- 3rd Grade Supply List
- 4th Grade Supply List
- 5th Grade Supply List
- 6th-8th Grade Supply List
- Extended Care Supply List
Family members (parents, grandparents, older siblings) are a tremendous help to our school! The 25 hours or more of volunteer service provided by each family enables us to work together to provide a high-quality academic program and a wide variety of extracurricular activities for the children of St. Vincent de Paul.
Saint Vincent has outstanding sports teams and coaches. This school has won many championships thanks to the dedication and skill of our volunteer coaches. Coaches at Saint Vincent are volunteers who donate their time and expertise to help student athletes achieve their potential. Most of the coaches have children or other family members at St. Vincent school on the teams.
Inclement Weather Policy
If there is a need to cancel or delay school due to weather conditions, school families can receive this information in the following ways:
- Posted on School Speak
- Receive an email/text via School Reach/School Speak if the family has chosen that option
- Posted on our Twitter feed
- Listen to 1300 WMVO AM or 93.7 WQIO FM radio stations
- Watch TV channels 4, 6, 10 or 28
Please listen for St. Vincent de Paul School. Do not assume that we will follow what the other area schools will be doing.
Preschool will not have class when St. Vincent de Paul School is closed for a calamity or snow day. If St. Vincent de Paul School is on a one-hour delay, the morning preschool class will begin at 9:00 a.m. (regular time). If St. Vincent de Paul School is on a two hour delay, the morning preschool class will begin at 9:45 a.m. and dismiss at their regular time of 11:30 a.m. for 2 Days, 3 Days & 5 Day Flex Program and Noon for Pre-K.
Support our School
There are many ways to support the school with purchases you may already make and with items you already have. These include:
- Box tops/Campbell’s: Many of you are already familiar with the Boxtops and Labels for Education and programs which earn all sorts of great things for our classrooms. These programs are always adding new partners and new ways to earn points. Participating products can be found at these websites:http://www.boxtops4education.com/
http://www.labelsforeducation.com/The Labels for Education are not limited to Campbell’s soup labels – there are even several magazines that qualify. If you purchase the Danimals yogurt, after you submit the code for the new playground, don’t forget to clip the label on the bottom, too! That’s a two-for-one for our school!In addition to clipping labels and boxtops, we can also earn e-boxtops by shopping online. There is a long list of major retailers who participate in this program. All you have to do is start your shopping trip at http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/marketplace/Default.aspxDon’t forget to tell your friends and relatives – anyone can earn points for our school this way! St. Vincent has earned almost $3,000 from this program since 2002. Last year we earned $1,125.20 from the boxtops and 7,842 in education labels.
- MarketDay: Since the program started in 1995, St. Vincent de Paul School has raised almost $30,000 which has been used to purchase books for the library, a new scoreboard, and supplies for classroom projects; contribute to class trips, purchase art supplies, buy a Reading Program for elementary computer classes, and contribute to the SACCP program. Be sure to save your Market Day UPC codes and send them in with your Campbells Soup labels (see above) to help even further. You can order by using the forms available at the school office, sent home in the Monday packets, or order on-line. The on-line option makes it easy for family and friends who dont have children at the school to participate, too.All Market Day orders must be pre-paid. You can pay by credit card if you place your order on-line at www.marketday.com. The preferred way to pre-pay is by check, dated for the day of the sale, included with your completed order form. You can also put the check in Mrs. Duffy’s school mailbox by the morning of Market Day pick-up.If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Schlairet at (740) 397-7601.Market Day pickup is 2:15 – 3:15 p.m. in the school cafeteria.Click here to order from Market Day On-Line
- Recycling Ink Cartridges: Please send in your empty computer ink cartridges to the school library or office for recycling — this helps the school!
- GoodSearch: We have a very easy fundraiser to tell every parent and student. Please go to www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx and sign up to use this website as your Internet Browser. Every time that you use this site to search the web, St. Vincent de Paul School will earn money. Please follow the simple directions to enter St. Vincent de Paul School (Mt. Vernon, OH). GoodSearch is the search engine with a unique social mission. It is powered by Yahoo, so you get the same great search results. They donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and schools selected by their users. This is an amazing new opportunity to raise money every day at no cost to you. Please sign up today!!
- YTB Travel: Turn Your Vacations into Donations! Every time you book travel through YTB Travel, a portion of the commission will go toward our school’s tuition assistance fund. Click here to book your next trip now.
Blue Streak Cafe Lunch Information and Menus
The fee for a hot lunch is $2.60 per lunch and milk is 35 cents. Each lunch purchased includes a choice of white or chocolate milk. If you pack your lunch and want to buy a milk or juice, the cost is 35 cents per drink. Lunches must be paid for in advance in the school office. NO MONEY IS TO BE EXCHANGED IN THE CAFETERIA LUNCH LINE. You may purchase your milk daily in the cafeteria or pay in advance in the school office, if you would like to buy milk for the week, month or year.
SNACK MILKS FOR ALL PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS- All of our preschool and Kindergarten students will receive a milk every day. This fee is in addition to lunch milk fees.
- 2 days a week Preschool is $24.15 for the year
- 3 days a week Preschool is $33.25 for the year
- 5 days a week Preschool is $57.40 for the year
- Pre-K is $57.40 for the year
- Kindergarten is $61.60 for the year
The St. Vincent de Paul School dismissal policy reads as follows for grades Kindergarten-8th grades:
School is dismissed at 2:30 p.m.
- Students waiting for parents must wait inside the High Street doors or the doors to the parking lot. Students will not be allowed on the playground or in the gym without direct adult supervision.
- Children who are walking should leave the school grounds immediately upon dismissal.
- All children not picked up by 2:45 will be asked to wait in the office. If children have not been picked up by the time the office is to close (3:00), children will be sent down to SACCP (after school care) and parents will be responsible for payment.
Please understand this Policy is not in place to be unfriendly but it is in place for the safety and protection of our students, staff, and our school.